Copyright (c) 2013 - Tagalog Tutorial. Powered by Blogger.

How to Introduce Yourself in Tagalog (Part 1)

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Filipinos, just like in other countries introduce themselves by saying “Hi” or “Hello.” In formal introduction, new acquaintances usually shake hands. In informal conversations, they usually wave hands and just say Hi.

The following are typical Filipino conversations in Tagalog during introduction of friends (students) and their translations.

Marie: Hi. Ako si Marie. Anong pangalan mo? / Hi. I’m Marie. What’s your name?
Ethel: Hello, ako si Ethel? Hello, I am Ethel.

Note: ako (I, I am, me),  anong for “ano ang” (what),  pangalan (name)

***

Marie: Sino siya? / Who is he?
Ethel: Kaibigan ko, si Ralph. / My friend, Ralph.  

Notes: sino (who), siya pronounced as "shah" (he/she), kaibigan (friend), ko (my, mine)


***
Marie: Saan ka nakatira? /Where do you live?
Ralph: Sa London. /In London
Marie: Anong nationality mo? / What’s your nationality?
Ralph: British ako. / I am British.


Notes: saan (where), ka (you), nakatira (live), sa (in), mo (you)

***
Marie: Nagbabakasyon ka lang? / Are you just on vacation?
Ralph: Hindi. Dito ako magaaral. No, I'll study here. 

Notes: nagababakasyon (on vacation), ka (you) lang (just), hindi (no), ako (I), magaaral (study), dito (here).

No comments:

Post a Comment